What is Euro Stone Therapy And How Does It Help You Stay Well?
Here at European Day Spa, we have a plethora of services and treatments to offer that will transform your body, mind, and spirit. From a regular full body massage to ear candling, we cover every inch of you and make sure you’re feeling your best.
The Euro Stone Therapy massage uses hot stones to open and release muscles and balance your body’s energy meridians. What’s an energy meridian, you might ask?
The meridian system is a system within the body based in traditional Chinese medicine. Think of the meridian system as an energy network within. Similar to how the circulatory system pushes the blood throughout the body, the meridian system is what pushes energy throughout the body, allowing for movement, breathing, digesting, thinking, and feeling.
When the meridian system is blocked, the result is dis-ease, low energy, or illness. Click here if you are curious to learn more on this subject.
What Are The Benefits Of Euro Stone Massage?
Hot stone massage therapy may benefit conditions including:
- Back pain
- Anxiety & Depression
What To Expect From Your Euro Stone Massage
The basalt stones are heated in a controlled, professional electric heater and placed strategically on the body including:
- Along the sides of the spine
- The palms of your hand
- On your legs
- On your abdomen
- The arches of your feet
The heat of the stones will enable your therapist to work into the muscles more deeply without having to use as much pressure and they even use the stones with oil to massage your body.
If the stones are uncomfortably hot, let the therapist know immediately as stones that are too hot can cause burns. You may need to allow them to cool or place a sheet or towel between your skin and the stones. The experience should be soothing, not painful.
Prepare For Your Euro Stone Massage, Follow These Tips:
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! Drink plenty of fluids before and after your appointment
- Don’t eat for at least 90 minutes before your massage appointment. A light snack may be ok
- Have a shower before your appointment if possible, this will help ensure the skin is clean and ready to receive the benefits of the massage oils that will be used by the therapist
- Communicate with your therapist. Ensure they know of any prior health conditions, any particular aches or pains in your body you want them to work out-or avoid. Be honest and thorough when filling out the intake form. Always let them know if you need less or more pressure, and if the stones are too hot!